Services to Members and Candidates
Candidate Services Committee
- Act as a bridge of communication between the committee and the candidates, provide necessary support and feedback to the study group leaders.
- Share study experience and help the candidates prepare for the CFA Program examination.
|David Ching (Chair)||Zap Cheng||Dr. Francis Lau|
|Tina Liu (Supporting staff)||Jaime Chou||Benjamin Xu|
Career Development Committee
- Develop and promote career development events / programs for members and potential members.
- Contribute ideas on programs, including but not limited to speaker recruitment.
- Coordinate event rundowns, venues, catering and advertisement flyers with assistance from CFAHK administration staff.
|William Leung (Co-Chair)||Prab Bajwa||Francis Lau|
|Alfred Lau (Co-Chair)||Siu Fung Cheung||Varun Nayyar|
|Alvin Ho||Joey Tang|
|Claire Huang||David Tsoi|
|Alan Jiang||Lena Wong|
|Danish Khan||Jenny Xing|
|Jun Yee Koh||Jason Yu|
|Justin Kwok||Shelley Yu|
Continuing Education Committee
- To organize educational events on industry developments and topics of interest to finance professionals, and to assess the eligibility of events for Continuous Professional Training (“CPT”) hours.
|Adam Wong (Chair)||Bosco Chan||Joe Liew|
|Lorenz Cheung (Vice Chair)||Justin Chan||Richard Mak|
|Edwin Fan (Vice Chair)||Tim Chan||Jeffrey Tse|
|Celine Mang (Supporting Staff)||Billy Choi||Gilbert Wong|
|Trista Lee (Supporting staff)||Alvin Ho||Coco Wu|
|Joanna Dai||Darren Yuen|
Continuing Education – Value Investing Special Interest Group
- Spread awareness about the field of value investing and personal wealth creation.
- Provides a forum for like-minded members to discuss, apply, and modify value investment approaches, to educate members about the core tenets of value investing and how they can be modified to keep up with current and future market conditions.
- Promote the fundamental-driven, long-term, value-based investment style as a way of life.
|Alfred Lau (Lead)||Alvin Chan||Timothy Mak|
|Celine Mang (Supporting Staff)||Justin Chan||Winnie Ni|
|Trista Lee (Supporting staff)||Albert Cheng||Kerr Poon|
|Wallace Cheung||Abhilash Sivaraman|
|Wan Kian Chong||Jeffrey Tse|
|Michael Chow||Sue Xu|
|Amanda Fan||Lok Tin Wong|
|Chloe Han||Coco Wu|
|Alexander Lau||Joe Yan|
|Gary Leung||Sally Yang|
|Nelson Li||Alex Yao|
|Edward Lui||Andy Yau|
FinTech and New Economy Committee
Position CFA Society Hong Kong as the FinTech / New Economy advocate for Hong Kong investment professionals by providing:
- A forum to exchange views with FinTech / New Economy thought leaders.
- A source of continuing education on the latest FinTech / New Economy developments.
- Investment professionals with career trajectory realignment pathways.
|Ashley Khoo (Co-chair)||Paul Benton||Vincent Pang|
|Prab Bajwa (Co-chair)||Raymond Chan||Raymond Tsang|
|Rex Wong (Co-chair)||Amy Hui||Jason Zeall|
|Celine Mang (Supporting Staff)||Kenneth Kwong|
|Trista Lee (Supporting staff)|
Member Services Committee
- To participate in organizing CFAHK Member Services events and activities, including signature events, such as the annual dinner and awards night, as well as lifestyle, sports, and social events.
|Felicia Wong (Co-Chair)||Bosco Chan||Simon Pang|
|Nicholas Jackson (Co-chair)||Donald Fung||Sookie Si|
|Celine Mang (Supporting Staff)||Alvin Ho||Jacqueline Suen|
|Trista Lee (Supporting staff)||Jun Yee Koh||Aaron Tan|
|Alex Lai||Peter Woo|
|Alexander Lau||Jenny Xing|
|Ka Yan Leung||Kenson Yeung|
Services to Industry and Public
- Review and provide valuable comments and suggestions on consultation papers published by the government, regulators and other professional bodies, such as the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, the Securities and Futures Commission, the CFA Institute, etc.
- Provide an unbiased, meaningful and independent view on advocacy issues.
|Richard Mak (Chair)||Sebastien Cerbourg||Nelson Lee|
|Francis Chan||Gary Leung|
|Willis Chan||Marco Leung|
|Monica Cheung||Johnny Mok|
|Flora Chiu||Jenny Ngai|
|Alvin Ho||Nic Tam|
|Ashley Khoo||Aaron Tan|
|Kenneth Kwong||David Tsoi|
Industry Relations Committee
- Serve as a bridge between the Society and governmental bodies, regulators, and other professional organisations in the industry.
- Develop and maintain relations with the stakeholders in the industry, and to foster and grow mutually beneficial relations with partners to advance the Society’s mission.
- Advocate and supply the necessary opportunities for members through partnerships and provide curated resources for members to help them pursue their goals.
|Ashley Khoo (Chair)|
|Alvin Ho (Chair)|
Investor Education Committee
- Promote and enhance the financial literacy of retail investors to equip them with the knowledge, attitudes and skills to make informed financial decisions and manage their wealth wisely.
- Collaborate with partners to offer tailored education campaigns to different target groups to ensure they remain confident and comfortable investing in the markets.
- Support individual investors by assisting them in acquiring the information they need to make sound investment decisions.
|Ashley Khoo (Co-Chair)||Raymond Tsang|
|Alfred Lau (Co-Chair)|
- Promote the CFA designation and CFA Society Hong Kong under our mission statement.
- Promote and monitor public awareness within the community by serving as a resource and establishing relationships with key influences, including the local regulators and media.
|Alvin M. Ho (Chair)||Francis Chan||Wisely Ngai|
|Alfred Lau (Senior Vice-Chair)||Eric Cheung||Debbie Zeng|
|Raymond Tsang (Vice-Chair)||Michael Chow|
University Outreach Committee
- Plan the CFA Institute Research Challenge Hong Kong Local Final event timeline, formulate the rules and regulations and determine the subject, and to invite mentors, graders, and judges, and to organize and participate in the competition’s networking activities.
- Reach out to local universities to offer advice and guidance to future finance professionals.
- Launch new Student Mentorship Program.
|Alvin Ho (Chair & Research Challenge Sub-group Lead)||Edward Chan||Kris Li|
(Student Mentorship Sub-group Lead)
|Terence Chan||Joe Liew|
(University Relations Sub-group Lead)
|Wallace Cheung||Edward Lui|
|David Ching||Leo Ng|
|Carlin Chu||Kerr Poon|
|Edwin Fan||Nic Tam|
|Donald Fung||Anna Tham|
|Amy Hui||Lena Wong|
|Mariana Kou||Anthony Woo|
|Justin Kwok||Jason Yu|
|Bosco Lam||Shelley Yu|
|Alfred Lau||Jason Zeall|
(Student Mentorship Sub-group Lead)
|Edward Chan||Edward Lui|
|Celine Mang (Supporting staff)||Wallace Cheung||Leo Ng|
|David Ching||Nic Tam|
|Edwin Fan||Anna Tham|
|Wenjie Ge||Anthony Woo|
|Alfred Lau||Jason Yu|
|Nelson Lee||Shelley Yu|
The Society’s Governance
- Review the structure, size, diversity profile and skills matrix of the Board and make recommendation on any proposed changes to the Board to complement the Board to achieve the Society’s strategic goals.
- Identify suitable director candidates and select or make recommendation to the Board on the selection of individuals to be nominated as Directors to fill board vacancies as and when they arise.
- Ensure plans are in place for orderly succession to the Board and oversee the development of a diverse talent pipeline, taking into account the challenges and opportunities facing the Society, and the skills and expertise needed on the Board in the future.
- Review the Director nomination policy periodically and make recommendations on any proposed revisions to the Board.
|Ashley Khoo (Chair)||Kevin Chan||Richard Mak|
|Rachel Cheung (Supporting staff)||Dr. Jimmy Jim|
- Make recommendations to the Board on remuneration packages.
- Review and approve the management’s remuneration proposals with reference to the Society’s goals and objectives.
- Consider salaries paid by comparable organisations, time commitment and responsibilities and employment conditions elsewhere in the group.
|Richard Mak (Chair)||Alvin Ho|